[R-SIG-Mac] LaTeX for mac- problem making documentation files HELP!

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 10:09:24 CEST 2008

Nothing here is Mac-specific, whereas the message you posted most recently
on R-help probably is.

Look in Ecosystem.Production.Rcheck/Ecosystem.Production-manual.log
to see what the LaTeX error is (it will be a mistake in one of your .Rd
files).

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, stephen sefick wrote:

> * checking Rd files ... OK
> * checking Rd cross-references ... OK
> * checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
> * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
> * checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
> * checking data for non-ASCII characters ... OK
> * creating Ecosystem.Production-Ex.R ... OK
> * checking examples ... OK
> * creating Ecosystem.Production-manual.tex ... OK
> * checking Ecosystem.Production-manual.tex using pdflatex ... ERROR
> LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
> This typically indicates Rd problems.
> LaTeX errors found:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> mac os x 10.5.4
> latest mac tex distribution
> R 2.7.1
> how do I fix this.  Anything ya'll need tell me.  I don't know how to
> make this reproducible, but I will if you tell me how.
>
> Stephen
>
> --
> Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
> so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
> make us feel like gods. We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
> annoying little problems of being mammals.
>
> 	-K. Mullis

It is basic courtesy to sign your messages with your real name,
affiliation and credentials: see the R posting guide.  The signature block
is for a signature, not propaganda.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk