[R-SIG-Mac] R GUI menu bar quirkiness with new quartz windows

Peter Cowan cowan.pd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 02:09:11 CEST 2008

Hi all,

While checking out the very nice new quartz interface I noticed some
oddness with the quartz menu in the menu bar.  I know there's been
discussion of the quartz window lately, but I didn't notice this issue
mentioned.

I am using R 2.7 r45127 and GUI 1.24 r5056 on 10.5.2.  I retrieved
these this morning from the R Mac website, hopefully they are the
latest.

I get multiple quartz menus if I close the plotting window.  I've
attempted to include a screen shot, we'll see if it gets through.  I
am able to reproduce it by calling any plot command, then closing the
plotting window (clicking in the upper left or command-W) and calling
the plot command again.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Peter