[R-SIG-Mac] pdf graph is mirror image in 2.7.0 (alpha)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 17:58:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, DinoDragon wrote:

> In version 2.6.2, there is one serious problem on pdf file saving. I can
> put Chinese text to the chart on Quartz window. However, when this is
> saved to a pdf file, the Chinese characters vanished to "...".
>
> I sincerely hope this can be corrected on the coming version 2.7.0.

Could you please test it and let us know?  (As I said yesterday, there are
builds on r.research.att.com.)

When you last mentioned it I took a look, but my Mac does not have any
Chinese fonts installed so I can't even plot on screen.  That makes me
think that only people who use Chinese are likely to be able to test this.

BTW, your message is marked as being in us-ascii when it plainly is not,
so we are not seeing what I presume are Chinese characters there.  So it
is not just the quartz device that has encoding issues ....