[R-SIG-Mac] Raising the Index page for a package in Mac R Help window

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Wed Oct 3 22:24:38 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Is it possible to raise the "Index" page
for a given package, in the Apple R GUI
R Help window (not the HTML - web browser
help interface)?

For example, if I load library(lme4)
I'd like to be able to raise the lme4
Index page in the R Help window that
accompanies the R GUI window on the Mac.

Currently I have to know the name of a function,
say "lmer", or find the name of a package function by
looking through the list of functions (typically in
position 2 on the search path after loading a library),
then

> ?lmer

raises the lmer help page, and I scroll to the
bottom where I see

[Package lme4 version 0.99875-7 Index]

and I click on the "Index" hyperlink.

It would be great to be able to enter

> ?lme4

and go straight to the lme4 help Index page.

Is this possible?  (I haven't found this in any documentation.)

If not, could I put in a request
for this feature?

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

email: smckinney +at+ bccrc +dot+ ca

tel: 604-675-8000 x7561

BCCRC