[R-SIG-Mac] NSLayoutManager Exception (more info)

Florian Nigsch fn211 at cam.ac.uk
Fri May 4 14:51:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

I repeatedly come across this problem on my machine (iMac G5, 1GB
memory, Mac OS X 10.4.9), R 2.5.0, RGUI 1.10 build 4308:

Just found out that it's very easy to reproduce that problem:

1) Open the editor to write a new script.
2) Type an opening curly brace { (the closing one should be
automatically inserted).
3) Hit Enter.
4) Open another curly brace. -> Error.

2007-05-04 13:50:48.854 R[3841] Exception raised during posting of
notification.  Ignored.  exception: -[NSLayoutManager
_fillGlyphHoleAtIndex:desiredNumberOfCharacters:] *** attempted glyph
generation while textStorage is editing.  It is not valid to cause
the layoutManager to do glyph generation while the textStorage is
editing (ie the textStorage has been sent a beginEditing message
without a matching endEditing.)

Best,

Florian