[R-SIG-Mac] NSLayoutManager Exception

Florian Nigsch fn211 at cam.ac.uk
Fri May 4 14:46:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

I repeatedly come across this problem on my machine (iMac G5, 1GB
memory, Mac OS X 10.4.9), R 2.5.0, RGUI 1.10 build 4308:

When editing a script in the editor, after hitting the "Enter" key
the editor does not respond to any changes made to the script.
Anything typed in is still in the script, but the screen is not
updated any more, so one can't see what one types. Minimising and re-
maximising the window doesn't help either - that's how I worked
around that bug in an earlier version of the GUI.

The main window reports the following:

2007-05-04 13:28:20.107 R[3841] Exception raised during posting of
notification.  Ignored.  exception: -[NSLayoutManager
_fillGlyphHoleAtIndex:desiredNumberOfCharacters:] *** attempted glyph
generation while textStorage is editing.  It is not valid to cause
the layoutManager to do glyph generation while the textStorage is
editing (ie the textStorage has been sent a beginEditing message
without a matching endEditing.)

Hope this is of any use,

Best,

Florian