[R-SIG-Mac] R-SIG-Mac Digest, Vol 47, Issue 13

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Jan 18 23:17:48 CET 2007

Ken,

On Jan 18, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Ken Nussear wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a solution to adding binaries to R 2.4.0 or
> 2.4.1? I am trying to install several packages that always fail. I
> am running a Mac Pro and lost lots of functionality after upgrading
> from 2.3.1. I have tried manually downloading the packages, but
> they won't even uncompress in the finder. I think there are a bunch
> of bad packages out there. so far I have issues with rgl and fBasics.

Hm... strange, no problems here (CRAN R 2.4.1, Mac Pro, OS X 10.4.8)
and I was specifically using the same mirror:

 > install.packages("rgl")
trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/
2.4/rgl_0.68.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1649254 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 1610Kb

The downloaded packages are in
         /tmp/RtmpIydIm9/downloaded_packages
 > library(rgl)

Can you, please, send me more detailed info: Did you try another
mirror? Is the package file downloaded correctly? Did you try to
unpack the downloaded file manually? Do you have any proxy or
firewall that could impede the download? Can you install the package
manually (i.e. by downloading it with a browser and using the package
installer to install it from the file)?

Thanks,
Simon