[R-SIG-Mac] Using a second monitor, running R under Unix

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jan 17 16:55:30 CET 2007

Thanks, John.
This this should be now fixed in the R24-branch (e.g. fetch the
installer from http://r.research.att.com tomorrow). It is a quick
hack, legacy Quartz windows will now appear in the center of the main
screen.

In general that device (Quartz in console R) is unsupported and will
go away very soon, because it is a legacy from very old times and the
API it uses is now deprecated and Apple will remove it from future OS
X versions. We are working on a replacement device for R-devel, but
it won't work in R 2.4.1, so stay tuned and I'll let you know when
it's time to test the new beast ;).