[R-SIG-Mac] Local level packages not in path

James jctoll at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:46:52 CEST 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 7:15 AM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> That is indeed curious. Unfortunately you didn't  share with us any
> crucial information such as the version of R and GUI you are using.
> At least in the current version I cannot reproduce the behavior you
> describe. Checking the box prepends the local path to .libPaths()
> as designed.
>
> Are all other preferences working fine? If not, there may be some
> permission issues in your home. If they do, you can try to move ~/
> Library/R aside to make sure there are no permission issues either.

Here is some info on my setup.  I'm sorry I didn't include that with
the first message.

 > R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-apple-darwin8.8.1"

$arch
[1] "i386"

$os
[1] "darwin8.8.1"

$system
[1] "i386, darwin8.8.1"

$status
[1] ""

$major
[1] "2"

$minor
[1] "4.1"

$year
[1] "2006"

$month
[1] "12"

$day
[1] "18"

$`svn rev`
[1] "40228"

$language
[1] "R"

$version.string
[1] "R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)"

Thanks for confirming what the behavior should be.  I'll keep working
at it to get it working.

Thank you.

James