[R-SIG-Mac] Local level packages not in path

James jctoll at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:38:03 CEST 2007

I've gotten my issue resolved, but  for the sake of completeness I
thought that I might followup.

First, a bit of additional info.  I'm using R 2.4.2 GUI 1.18 (4038).

I'm still unable to get R.app to retain my setting to prepend the
local path between restarts.  I'm not sure where R.app keeps that
setting, but maybe it's a filesystem permission issue?

Anyway, I created .Rprofile and added the local path in there and
that works.

 > .libPaths()
[1] "~/Library/R/library"
[2] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/library"

Simon, if you're interested in finding out why my setup is not
retaining that configuration setting, I'd be happy to try to provide
any info I can.

Thanks

James