[R-SIG-Mac] Several R bugs

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Wed Sep 20 19:39:21 CEST 2006

Gene,

On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Gene wrote:

> I have just switched to the Mac Pro and the Universal version of R
> and have found two new bugs.  One is with history completion using
> the up arrow.  If I run a command that includes a hash sign, then hit
> the up arrow, the line is truncated at the hash:
>
>> zz <- "hello#world"
> [up arrow]
>> zz <- "hello

It looks like you have the 'Strip comments in history entries' set in
your startup preferences which causes this to happen. Could you check
that? That setting also causes problems if working with hexadecimal
numbers. I find the setting useful if I have many comment lines in
multiline history entries.

> Finally, a feature request:  A search field for the history.  It can
> be hard to find things in the history drawer, especially since multi-
> line entries only show their first line in the drawer, so I am forced
> to save the history and open it in a text editor, or search through
> the main console.  And the main point of the history drawer is to not
> have to look through the console window.

Guess [up arrow] in R Console doesn't work for you?

Rob