[R-SIG-Mac] built-in editor underlining

J ö rg Beyer Beyerj at students.uni-marburg.de
Sun Sep 17 14:53:37 CEST 2006

Hello Parlamis,

a tip regarding syntax highlighting you may (or may not ;-) find useful:
I'm using BBEdit 7.1 to edit my R-files. Of course, as a specialized tool,
it is far superior compared with R.app's built-in editor (no insult
intended). My workflow of editing-sourcing-editing is quite comfortable --
whether you switch to an internal or an external editor window makes no
difference.

I set the syntax coloring to Tcl, which gives a quite reasonable
highlighting of R/S code. And hopefully someone comes up with a special
language module in the future. The current version of BBEdit is 8.5, and if
you don't need all its refinements, you can use their free TextWrangler,
which has pretty much the same basic functionality.

Hope that helps
(not sure, though :-)

Jörg