[R-SIG-Mac] RMySQL install failure

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your EPEC ICT Team webmaster at environmentalchange.net
Sat Nov 4 20:50:42 CET 2006

Paul,

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC ICT Team

>>> Paul Roebuck<roebuck at mdanderson.org> 4/11/2006 02:35 >>>

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, [ISO-8859-1] Ricardo Rodrguez wrote:

>I'm no MySQL person, but it would seem a likely error message
>based on the above. The exported variables are to pathnames
>that are nonexistent. Try these instead:

>PKG_CPPFLAGS="-I/Users/rrodriguez/Desktop/mysql-5.0.27/include"
>PKG_LIBS="-L/Users/rrodriguez/Desktop/mysql-5.0.27/lib -lmysqlclient"

Thanks. The case matters at Users and I've being passing along users to the variables. This way, it is hard to get a successful built!

But I am still getting error messages. In fact there is no /lib directory at ~/Desktop/mysql-5-0-27. This folder was created by exploding MySQL source downloaded from http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/mysql-5.0.27.tar.gz/from/ftp://ftp.rediris.es/mirror/mysql/ . I am afraid I do not know what I am trying to do, but trying to learn how to build MySQL from the scratch. Sorry if I am wasting your time.

As I have posted in a previous message, please, could you tell me what is the difference between this three files?

~/Desktop/mysql-5-0-27/libmysql/libmysqlclient.la

/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a
/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a

The headers seems to be in both directories even though I keep getting a NO at some checking for mysql.h during compilation. Far from understand why.

Following last Simon's message I have gotten RMySQL installed. I only keep trying to build it from sources to understand why/why not it works or it doesn't. This task will probably be out of the scope of this list. Please, accept my apologies if you consider this is an out of the list topic. Thanks.

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo