[R-SIG-Mac] labdsv installation problems

Jonathan Hughes jhughes at ess.washington.edu
Mon May 22 18:28:57 CEST 2006

Hi Simon,

Using OS 10.4.6 on a G4, I have reinstalled R2.3.0 with 3114 update
but I still have the same problem when I try to install labdsv.
Error message:

 > library(labdsv)
This is mgcv 1.3-16
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/labdsv/libs/ppc/labdsv.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/labdsv/
libs/ppc/labdsv.so, 6): Library not loaded: libR.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/
labdsv/libs/ppc/labdsv.so
   Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning message:
cannot create HTML package index in: make.packages.html()
Error in library(labdsv) : .First.lib failed for 'labdsv'

Prior to installation I used:
rm -rf /Library/Receipts/R-Framework.pkg.

Didn't help.

Thanks,
Jonathan