[R-SIG-Mac] labdsv installation problems

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon May 22 19:06:59 CEST 2006

Jonathan,

On May 22, 2006, at 12:28 PM, Jonathan Hughes wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Using OS 10.4.6 on a G4, I have reinstalled R2.3.0 with 3114 update
> but I still have the same problem when I try to install labdsv.
> Error message:
>
> > library(labdsv)
> This is mgcv 1.3-16
> Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
> 	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
> Resources/library/labdsv/libs/ppc/labdsv.so':
>   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/labdsv/
> libs/ppc/labdsv.so, 6): Library not loaded: libR.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/
> library/labdsv/libs/ppc/labdsv.so
>   Reason: image not found

Ok, thanks. This should be fixed now. make check didn't catch this,
because it worked in the command-line version of R.
(use r.research.att.com repository or wait for next CRAN sync)

> In addition: Warning message:
> cannot create HTML package index in: make.packages.html()
> Error in library(labdsv) : .First.lib failed for 'labdsv'
>
> Prior to installation I used:
> rm -rf /Library/Receipts/R-Framework.pkg.

This is a hack! This is only necessary if you want to have multiple R
versions on your machine in parallel! Be careful, using it for re-
installation will break the update process, so use it only if you are
sure you know what you're doing. (And R installation itself has
nothing to do with labdsv).