[R-SIG-Mac] graphviz

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Sun Mar 19 12:04:28 CET 2006

Hi Byron,

On Mar 19, 2006, at 3:03 AM, Byron Ellis wrote:
> Did you type 'sudo make install'? If not, graphviz may not have
> actually installed itself (making sure /usr/local/bin/dot exists is
> a way to check this)
>
> I recently did an Rgraphviz build for myself using graphviz-2.9
> (though 2.8 should also work fine) and Rgraphviz 1.9.6 (the SVN
> version) and pkg-config (which I get from http://
> pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/releases/).
>
> I should note that I don't use Fink or Darwinports and that Glen
> Low (author of Graphviz.app) seems to have wandered off to other
> things so the GUI version of Graphviz is pretty massively out of
> date these days.

Thanks for the reply.

I did type sudo make install.

% which dot
/sw/bin/dot

% ls /usr/local/bin/dot
/usr/local/bin/dot

Both are executable and seem to run:
% dot unix.dot
and
% /usr/local/bin/dot unix.dot
output a file that is different from the input.

So graphviz is installed. My guess is that Rgraphviz doesn't know it.
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/