[R-SIG-Mac] Rgraphviz neato layout crashes

Julin Maloof jnmaloof at ucdavis.edu
Fri Apr 21 02:27:29 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am having a problem with Rgraphviz

When I try to plot a graph using the "neato" layout, R crashes with a bus error.  I am posting to this list because I can not reproduce this on a Windows machine.  (but I can reproduce it on multiple macs).

This crash can be reproduced just following the example at the beginning of the Rgraphviz vignette.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggested solutions?

Thanks,

Julin

ps OS 10.4.6, Dual 2.5 G5, 4GB RAM.  Graphviz 2.8, compiled from source.  Rgraphviz 1.8, compiled from source.
pps crash happens both from R.app using quartz and from command line or EMACS using X11.

> version
         _
platform powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0
arch     powerpc