[R-SIG-Mac] Rgraphviz neato layout crashes

Fri Apr 21 02:41:18 CEST 2006

What I am going to say is not really helpful :) When I tried
installing graphviz some time ago (around Christmas) I had big
problems getting it to work. In the end I settled for v2.7 (I guess
that was before 2.8 came out, the odd numbers are devel versions). I
remember some of my attempts actually compiled, Rgraphviz compiled
but I was unable to plot like you are (although I do not remember if
I used neato or something else). So I have encountered the problem of
a crash even with successful installations of graphviz/Rgraphviz. I
looked at my old config-log and the only thing (aside from mandirs
and such) is --disable-codegens which - again as far as I recall -
was there just to ensure compilation.

/Kasper