[R-SIG-Mac] problem with options("pkgType") in a home-built R 2.2.0

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Sat Oct 15 01:02:34 CEST 2005

One of the nice things about R is that there is always a variety of
ways to solve problems.

I thought about setting options in a profile file, but as it happens,
most of my package installation activity takes place right after I
install a new version of R, and, having a long list, I use a script.
Specifying the type was painless, once I realized I had to do it.
Thereafter, I don't do package installations very often, so it's not
much burden.

Much as I like Apple's OS, when using R, I *prefer* X11 for several
features it has that Apple will probably never implement in its own
user interface. So I don't to think of it as backward at all.

Thanks for offering a good example Rprofile.site.

-Don