[R-SIG-Mac] problem with options("pkgType") in a home-built R 2.2.0

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 15 00:29:11 CEST 2005

No need to set type to course every time you use it.

This is what I have in Rprofile.site. I use R from
Emacs or Terminal, so quartz() is useless and I
joyfully travel back to the eighties with X11 and
tcl/tk.

local({
        options(device="x11")
        options(repos="http://cran.r-project.org")
        options(pkgType="source")
        old <- getOption("defaultPackages")
        options(defaultPackages = c(old, "tcltk"))
      })

.First <- function() cat("\n   Welcome to Jan's R-2.3.0 !\n\n")

On Oct 14, 2005, at 15:18 , Don MacQueen wrote:

> I decided to live with having to set type to 'source' each time I use
> it; it's not that much of an extra burden. I'd suggest building
> without aqua and finding out if that sets the default back to
> 'source'.

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
.mac: jdeleeuw ++++++  aim: deleeuwjan ++++++ skype: j_deleeuw
homepages: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu ++++++ http://www.cuddyvalley.org