[R-SIG-Mac] Hmisc still not available in binaries

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sun May 15 00:22:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

Many months ago I asked why Hmisc did not show up in binaries
available for Mac on CRAN. I got answers about it not passing some of
the tests, and someone (Stefano I think) said he'd look into it. In
the mean time I had compiled it and the functions I needed did work,
so there was no rush.

But now that I switched to R 2.1, to Tiger, and to a new Mac, I am no
longer able to compile. The multiple versions of C available in my
developer tools make me uncertain as to what fortran I should get,
for one thing. So I'm taking the lazy way out, did someone compile
Hmisc for R 2.1 and would be willing to send it to me? Last fall the
author of Hmisc, Frank Harrell, seemed surprise his package did not
compile on Mac and I think he'd help fix this if someone more
knowledgeable than me told him where the problem lies.

Thanks,

Denis