[R-SIG-Mac] Hmisc still not available in binaries

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Sun May 15 03:51:09 CEST 2005

Hi Denis,

To install the source version of Hmisc on CRAN, with the latest R/
R.app (R-2.1.0a.dmg)
installed, the only thing you need is to install the g77 v3.4 Fortran
compiler. One of the many
improvements in this latest update is that R will select the right
gcc for you on Panther and
Tiger.

As usual, the compiler is available from http://hpc.sourceforge.net .

With the above Fortran compiler installed, you should be able to
install nearly all CRAN and
BioC packages from source, although it will be much faster to install
the binaries whenever
available.

Rob