[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.1.1 for optimized for G5+Tiger

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jun 22 20:08:40 CEST 2005

Since several users asked for it, I have compiled R 2.1.1
aggressively optimized for G5 and Tiger. It comes bundled with the
latest R.app (build 1608) and gfortran compiler (optional). You can
download it from
http://wiki.urbanek.info/files/R-2.1.1-G5.dmg

Note that you should install Xcode 2.1 and the supplied gfortran
compiler (it's optional in the above package, select "custom
install") in order to be able to compile packages from sources. Since
there is no optimized G5 packages on CRAN, it's likely that you want
to compile them from sources.

This is not an official release. We plan to have a Tiger release at
some point, but we want to offer it with package bundles and we're
working on that.

Any feedback on this build is highly welcome.