[R-SIG-Mac] 64bit Tiger performance vs 32 bit Wintel vs 32 bit Linux

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Jun 18 21:39:18 CEST 2005

On Jun 18, 2005, at 3:31 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

>>   Aside from access to more memory, are there any other benefits?
>
> AFAIK, no.

I should add that I meant that there are no other benefits comparing
32-bit R and 64-bit R on Tiger. Of course comparing 32-bit R on ppc
Tiger with x86 Windows or Linux is a different story with many
differences ranging from the CPU architecture, memory management to
the optimization and available BLAS libraries ... (of course you
could expand this and compare Linux on a G5 etc.).