[R-SIG-Mac] problems with history for R on Mac OS X

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Wed Jun 8 05:15:13 CEST 2005

Hi Patrick,

Can you let me know what your settings are in the Startup pref pane
(Command-, and select Startup).
I'm interested in the History section settings.

Also, when you press the 'load history' button, does a finder window
show up?

Finally, with Read history file on startup selected and a relative
path of say ".Rhistory", a history
file should be updated and read in on startup. You can only see the
file in a terminal with ls -l. Its
in R's working dir (unless an absolute path is specified). The
contents is visible in the history sheet.

Rob