[R-SIG-Mac] problems with history for R on Mac OS X

Patrick Bennett bennetp at mcmaster.ca
Tue Jun 7 20:11:22 CEST 2005

Hello Everyone -

I know that this issue has been discussed on the list, but I still
can't figure out how to use the history commands.

When I enter loadhistory() in the R Console window, I do indeed load a
history file, but nothing is shown in the history sheet. Also,
subsequent calls to savehistory() do not alter the text stored in
.Rhistory.

Using the buttons on the history sheet, I can save my commands into a
file, but I am not able to load them into R (pressing the "load
history" button appears to have no effect).

In short, I can't figure out how to save my commands into a history
file, or to load history files into R's memory. So, I am totally at a
loss...

Any tips would be most welcome.

I am using R version 2.1.0 and the version 1.11 of the Aqua GUI on OS-X
10.4.

cheers,
pjb

Patrick J. Bennett, Ph.D.
Professor & Canada Research Chair
Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
McMaster University
1280 Main St. West
Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1 Canada

Office: 905-525-9140 ext. 23012				FAX: 905-529-6225

"I understand small business growth. I was one." -- George W. Bush,
President of the United States of America