[R-SIG-Mac] bugs w/ console colors & interrupt

Steven T. Stoddard sstoddar at life.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 15 21:45:48 CEST 2005

I have the latest version of R.  I noticed an issue with setting
console colors.  Basically, they don't stick.  If I change the
settings during a session then most colors in the console are changed
the way I want.  The exception being the input, which stays the
default color until after hitting enter.  I close out the preferences
and quit R, then re-start and find that the console colors are back
to the default.  ???

I have attached the run log from Xcode. I started a session, set new
preferences, quit, and restarted as described.

Another thing, I don't seem to be able to interrupt any commands.  I
used to be able to hit <esc> -- but for some reason this is now
mapped to auto-complete -- i.e. on my box <esc> and ctrl-.  and cmd-.
all do the same thing.  The only way I can kill a process is to hit
stop, but I can't, say, clear a line if I don't really want to
execute the command I just typed.  I have to delete everything
myself.  Used to be just hitting esc would clear the line ...

Cheers,

Steve

 > version
          _
platform powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0
arch     powerpc
os       darwin7.9.0
system   powerpc, darwin7.9.0
status
major    2
minor    1.1
year     2005
month    06
day      20
language R

Steven T. Stoddard
Program in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology

www.life.uiuc.edu/~sstoddar
sstoddar at life.uiuc.edu
(217) 333 - 2235