[R-SIG-Mac] (no subject)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Aug 26 02:05:22 CEST 2005

Cyrus,

On Aug 25, 2005, at 5:26 PM, Cyrus Harmon wrote:

> Dear r-sig-mac,
>
> I sent this patch to the r-devel list a week or so ago, but so far
> it hasn't made it into the tree. The patch fixes two things:
>
> 1. it puts -F$(R_FRAMEWORK_DIR)/.. in the LIBR line in etc/Makeconf
> so that subsequent builds can find the framework if it is put
> somewhere besides /Library/Frameworks.
>
> 2. the install of the headers into $(R_FRAMEWORK_DIR)/Versions/
> Current/PrivateHeaders) was taking the headers from $(srcdir)
> instead of $(top_builddir). The patch fixes this. The result of not
> fixing this is that the .svn directory gets copied to the framework
> PrivateHeaders dir.
>
> These both seem like useful things and I'd love to see them get
> into the tree. Besides posting here and in r-devel, whom should I
> pester?

Basically me ;).

It's on my ToDo list for review, because I'm not quite happy with the
part 1) yet. One argument is that you should set your
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH if you plan to use non-standard location that is
not in the default search path. There are issues with non-standard
locations anyway as we have learned the hard way (conflicts with
system frameworks), so I want to be careful. But thanks for re-
posting, because I was in fact looking for your original e-mail today
(and couldn't find it in the hurry, because I received it while
traveling).