[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with tkrplot and affylmGUI

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 17 12:54:59 CEST 2005

This is not hard to fix. The problem is that the tcltk module needs
to load tkrplot, and in order to do this tkrplot needs to be linked
as a dynamic library (tkrplot.dylib), not as a bundle (tkrplot.so).
It is best to download the package, then use R CMD INSTALL, then
manually edit the link statement replacing --bundle by --dynamiclib,
link again, and manually install tkrplot.dylib. You also need to edit the
R code in tkrplot so that it loads with the correct dylib extension.

> Dear all,
>
> As affylmGUI requires tkrplot package from R, I have installed tkrplot
> package from CRAN and when I load the library for tkrplot, I get the
> following error:
>
>> library(tkrplot)
> Error in structure(.External("dotTcl", ..., PACKAGE = "tcltk"), class
> = "tclObj") :
> 	[tcl] no suitable image found.  Did find:
> 	/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.1.1/Resources/library/tkrplot/libs/tkrplot.so:
> not a dylib.
> Error in library(tkrplot) : .First.lib failed for 'tkrplot'
>
> On another note, it is related to the problem when I do the following:
>
>> library(affylmGUI)
>> affylmGUI()
>
> The affylmGUI program is loaded up but you will encounter the error box:
> Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos);
> Object "PlotOptions" not found
>
> The problems, I think that it's related as affylmGUI requires tkrplot
> package
>
> Does anyone have possible solutions?
>
> Cheers in advance in helping me to solve the problem.
>
> yours sincerely,
> Bernard

Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu