[R-SIG-Mac] R.app crash report (very minor)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Apr 21 19:03:54 CEST 2005

Michael,

On Apr 21, 2005, at 9:13 AM, Michael Herron wrote:

> > update.packages()
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> Error in inherits(x, "factor") : Object "res" not found
>
> This error is new to me.  I have compiled R on a number of OS X
> machines in the past and have not seen it.

The subject of your mail differs substantially from the error you
describe - the above is an error message in R and hence has nothing
to do with R.app.

Can you, please, be more specific as of how exactly you compiled R
(with tcl/tk or without - aqua or X11 ...), which versions you use
(R, R.app 1.01/1.02/1.10, SVN release number, ..) and how you ran it
(Terminal, emacs, R.app, ...)? That information is really necessary
in order to track it down, because there are simply too many
possibilities to build and run R on the Mac nowadays (and we didn't
release an official reference binary yet).