[R-SIG-Mac] Cocoa GUI feature request (with patch!)

Jake Bowers jbowers at csm.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Oct 23 20:06:51 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I write to register my support for making Emacs and R and OS X live and
play together gracefully. I can't imagine not using Emacs for Sweave
files, LaTeX, and R (via ESS) in general. But, having X11 running is
annoying, to me, too. So, neither Jan nor Tamas are the only folks in this
boat.

I also write to praise the new R GUI as something very beautiful that will
help my non-Emacs savvy students have much much better experiences with R.

And to thank Stefano, Simon, and Jan and the many others who have done
such great work on R for OS X!

Best,

Jake

Jake Bowers
Assistant Professor of Political Science
Faculty Associate in the Center for Political Studies, ISR
University of Michigan
http://www.umich.edu/~jwbowers