[R-SIG-Mac] Cocoa GUI feature request (with patch!)

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 22 01:46:53 CEST 2004

The trick:

cd /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/exec
sudo /Developer/Tools/Rez -t  APPL Carbon.r -o R

This only works if R is compiled with

--enable-R-shlib --with-aqua --with-blas='-framework vecLib'
--with-lapack TCLTK_LIBS='-framework Tcl -framework Tk'

i.e. with the Aqua version of Tcl/Tk, because that's where R gets the
Apple CF event loop
from. In addition, you get Aqua look and feel  for your tcltk library.

The trick is worthwhile if you run R from Emacs (either CLI or X11 or
or from a Terminal window AND if you hate the look of X11 windows
your Mac. I thought I was the only person in that intersection.