[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.0.0 Change Working Directory

jtnews1 at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr jtnews1 at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Oct 19 16:10:32 CEST 2004

Hello,

The new version of R-2.0.O for MacOS X is very nice, congratulations
for this hard work.

Trying to use the "Change Working Directory" command of the "Misc" menu,
I want to select /Users/jthioulo/Desktop/Ranjard, so I navigate to this
folder, select it, click Open, and it is /Users/jthioulo/Desktop that is
selected as working directory (i.e. the folder that is one level upper).

How do I select the wanted working directory ? I can do it only if it
contains a folder ?

The same command also often does not change the working directory at all,
or sets it to a folder different from the one which was selected. For
example, I choose "/Users/jthioulo/Desktop/Ranjard/Folder", and my working directory is set to "/Users/jthioulo/Desktop/Digest Viewer".

Using setwd() with the command line always works.

Also, what is the format of the graphics that are copied to the clipboard ?
In the Windows version, the emf format allows editing the objects
composing the graphics, and that would be nice to have this possibility
on Mac too.

Thanks,
Jean

--
Jean Thioulouse - Labo. BBE, UMR CNRS 5558, Equipe "Ecologie Statistique"
Universite Lyon 1,  Batiment G. Mendel, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex,  France