[R-SIG-Mac] GUI package install failure

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 22:41:16 CET 2004

Hi,

I am in the process of testing the R.framework I built using
darwinports.  For some reason I can't seem to install packages into the
framework using the GUI (compiled from source available yesterday).
Everything works fine from the R.app command line though.  Anyone have
an idea what might be going wrong?  I swear this worked yesterday.
Thanks,

Kjell

Output from GUI installer:

trying URL
`http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/2.0/BradleyTerry_0.7-2.tgz'
Content type `application/x-tar' length 128711 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 125Kb

Error in unpackPkg(foundpkgs[okp, 2], pkgnames[okp], lib,
installWithVers) :
	Unable to create temp directory
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/file4431b782

Output from command line installer:

 > install.packages("BradleyTerry")
trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES'
Content type `text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1' length 215684 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 210Kb

trying URL
`http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/BradleyTerry_0.7-2.tar.gz'
Content type `application/x-tar' length 120342 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 117Kb

Delete downloaded files (y/N)?
The packages are in /tmp/Rtmp22570/Rinstdir1c06dac8
* Installing *source* package 'BradleyTerry' ...
** R
** inst
** help
  >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'BradleyTerry'
      Formats: text html latex example
   BradleyTerry                      text    html    latex   example
* DONE (BradleyTerry)