[R-SIG-Mac] odd error during startup

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Sun Nov 21 18:52:00 CET 2004

On Nov 21, 2004, at 6:29 PM, Kjell Konis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on adding the R.framework to darwinports
> (darwinports.opendarwin.org).  So far everything seems to be working
> fine except that when I use the Cocoa gui I get this error
>
> Error in rm(rlibs) : can't remove variables from base namespace
>
> at start up.  It appears as the very first thing in the command
> window, even before the copyright notice.  Other than this error
> (which has no apparent effect) everything seems to work fine.  I am
> using version 2.0.1 of the R.framework.
>
> Does anyone have any idea where this error might be coming from?

Which R framework is it? The only place I can think of is
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/base/R/Rprofile
but at least the released 2.0.1 version checks for R.app presence and
does NOT run that code .... are you sure that you're using the latest
version of both the R framework and R.app? (that would be R 2.0.1 and R
GUI 1.01)