[R-SIG-Mac] odd error during startup

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 21 18:29:12 CET 2004

Hi,

I am working on adding the R.framework to darwinports
(darwinports.opendarwin.org).  So far everything seems to be working
fine except that when I use the Cocoa gui I get this error

Error in rm(rlibs) : can't remove variables from base namespace

at start up.  It appears as the very first thing in the command window,
even before the copyright notice.  Other than this error (which has no
apparent effect) everything seems to work fine.  I am using version
2.0.1 of the R.framework.

Does anyone have any idea where this error might be coming from?

Kjell