[R-SIG-Mac] two problems

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Fri Nov 5 20:06:05 CET 2004

I am wondering if this is just my setup, or if it is true for others as
well.

(a) rgenoud compiles fine, but does not load

 > library(rgenoud)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library
"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/rgenoud/libs/
rgenoud.so":
   dlcompat: dyld: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/exec/R
Undefined symbols:
___gxx_personality_v0
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'rgenoud'
Error in library(rgenoud) : package/namespace load failed for 'rgenoud'

(b) some packages use the g++ script for linking (such as kernlab and
knncat). This
fails, but manually replacing g++ by gcc in the link command works.

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8125 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu