[R-SIG-Mac] Re: [Rpy] Rpy-0.3.4 on OS X (10.3.3)

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 17 18:16:48 MET 2004

Now compiles cleanly (no more multiply defined symbols) but the
final link goes astray. It says

gcc -Wl,-F. -Wl,-F. -bundle -framework Python
build/temp.darwin-7.2.1-Power_Macintosh-2.3/src/rpymodule.o
build/temp.darwin-7.2.1-Power_Macintosh-2.3/src/R_eval.o
build/temp.darwin-7.2.1-Power_Macintosh-2.3/src/io.o
-L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/1.9.0/Resources/Frameworks
-L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/1.9.0/Resources/bin -lR -o
build/lib.darwin-7.2.1-Power_Macintosh-2.3/_rpy.so

and there is no such thing as
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/1.9.0/Resources/Frameworks
(fortunately).

Also

ld: Undefined symbols:
_R_interact
_my_interp
_python_sigint
_rpy
_rpy_dict

On Feb 17, 2004, at 7:44, Warnes, Gregory R wrote:

> Wonderful Jan!
>
> I've been working with Christopher Fonnesbeck [chris at fonnesbeck.org]
> to get
> rpy to build cleanly on OS X, so your information is timely.
>
> I had already checked into CVS changes to make the infringing
> definitions in
> the header files 'extern' with a single definition within one .C file.
>  I've
> now added the linker flags you suggested.
>
> If you have a moment, could you check to see if the CVS version
> compiles
> cleanly now?
>
> To get it via anonymous CVS do:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rpy login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rpy rpy
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Greg

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu