[R-SIG-Mac] Help.start() issues

Paul Rathouz prathouz at health.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 14 22:18:05 MET 2003

George --

I have heard that in order to get this to work correctly, you have to use
an old browser running under darwin / x11.

Here is my work-around:

- I use safari as my default, so I go through help.start() to launch it,
and then click on "packages" and then to the command i am interested in.

- if I want to do a search, then I use the help.search() command to get a
list of possible commands, and then I just look in those commands using
safari as my browser.

not perfect, but functional . . . the help.search() command is key.

-- pr