[R-SIG-Mac] small steps ahead from fink in building R Darwin/X11 port

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Sun May 25 19:09:22 MEST 2003

If you want to have a g77 not coming from fink you can try to install
g77 3.1 from

http://gravity.psu.edu/~khanna/hpc.html

I can build a clean R (both 1.7.0 and today patched R) without having
anything from fink installed (I remove /sw directory from my system).

I've also installed dlcompat as I wrote in a previous msg:

from http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat/

     use the following to configure/install

   make clean
   ./configure --enable-fink
   make

Configuring R with

./configure --enable-R-shlib --with-blas='-framework vecLib'
--with-lapack

gives you the following capabilities

 > capabilities()
     jpeg      png    tcltk      X11    GNOME     libz http/ftp  sockets
    FALSE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
   libxml     fifo   cledit  IEEE754    bzip2     PCRE
     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE

Stefano