[R-SIG-Mac] small steps ahead from fink in building R Darwin/X11 port

Don MacQueen dmacq at ucscalumni.com
Wed May 28 21:25:02 MEST 2003

This --enable-fink option looks like a very good thing. Thank you.

How does it work? Does it mean that during installation the necessary
files are downloaded from fink, used during make, and then deleted?

I find jpeg and tcltk to be very useful; does --enable-fink include
them among the capabilities?

I notice that cledit is shown as FALSE among the capabilities listed
below. Is that the capability that is enabled when libreadlines is
available? If so, I feel that it is essential.

-Don