[R-SIG-Mac] minimum guidelines to build R-1.7.0 on MacOSX 10.2.6
jago at mclink.it
Thu May 22 03:29:36 MEST 2003
What follow are the minimum requirements to build R-1.7.0 on MacOSX
10.2.6 I have obtained.
It will build a Darwin/X11 R.
These are the steps I have done on a virgin machine. I hope it can be
useful to you too.
* install Dec 2002 Apple Developer Tools
* install Xfree86 from Apple site
* install fink from (0.5.2 the latest version)
edit the .cshrc and .tcshrc accordingly to what you find on the fink
webpage (this is needed to set the path correctly)
edit /sw/etc/fink.conf by adding "unstable/main" at the
end of the line starting with "Trees:"
* install g77 from the unstable tree of fink
sudo fink install g77
* install dlcompat library from:
use the following to configure/install dlcompat
sudo make install
* unpack R-1.7.0 tar archive and cd inside the dir R-1.7.0
./configure --enable-R-shlib --with-blas='-framework vecLib'
and then build R with:
I possibly forgot that I have also install bzlib2 with the i-installer,
but this should not create problems in case you haven't.
More information about the R-SIG-Mac