[R-SIG-Mac] minimum guidelines to build R-1.7.0 on MacOSX 10.2.6

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Thu May 22 03:29:36 MEST 2003

What follow are the minimum requirements to build R-1.7.0 on MacOSX
10.2.6 I have obtained.
It will build a Darwin/X11 R.
These are the steps I have done on a virgin machine. I hope it can be
useful to you too.

* install Dec 2002 Apple Developer Tools
* install Xfree86 from Apple site
* install fink from (0.5.2 the latest version)
     http://fink.sourceforge.net/
    edit the .cshrc and .tcshrc accordingly to what you find on the fink
webpage (this is needed to set the path correctly)
    edit /sw/etc/fink.conf by adding "unstable/main" at the
    end of the line starting with "Trees:"
* install g77 from the unstable tree of fink
    sudo fink install g77
* install dlcompat library from:
http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat/
   use the following to configure/install dlcompat

   make clean
   ./configure --enable-fink
   make
   sudo make install

* unpack R-1.7.0 tar archive and cd inside the dir R-1.7.0
   configure with:
   ./configure --enable-R-shlib --with-blas='-framework vecLib'
--with-lapack

   and then build R with:
   make

I possibly forgot that I have also install bzlib2 with the i-installer,
but this should not create problems in case you haven't.

stefano