[R-SIG-Mac]no mouse control of aqua window

Stefano Iacus jago@mclink.it
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:40:52 +0200

Hy Jake,

the problem with the quartz device is that it needs an event manager
installed and this is why I've started writing the RAqua. I'm trying to
work it out to let R run its own event manager alone without opening
windows, etc,as it does RAqua. There's actually a proposal inside
R-Core to change the interal R eventloop scheme. This will simplify
things under MacOSX too.

The fact that RAqua run smoothly only on some machines it is still
under investigation. Apparently is something related to the OSX finder
which expects things to be in particular places.

The real problem is that apple is trying to convince all its developer
to use its own IDE (Project Builder and Co.) that is far from being
compatible with the R scripts and makefiles.

Stefano