[R-sig-hpc] Error installing Rmpi over OpenMPI: Cannot find orted

Ei-ji Nakama nakama at ki.rim.or.jp
Sat Nov 8 17:07:01 CET 2014

Hi

> So I guess the new OpenMPI doesn't know about torque. How can I let it know
> where torque is? I was guessing that the file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/torque.conf
> was meant for that, but it's not working.

Bingo!, see below
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#build-rte-tm

> What is the file /etc/profile.d/torque.sh for?

It's that the process of the worker is started $HOME with torque.
People often put the program besides $HOME.

> Should I follow the same steps you mentioned in the slave nodes of the
> cluster?

Please teach when there is a good idea. :)

Best Regards,
--
Eiji NAKAMA <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>
"\u4e2d\u9593\u6804\u6cbb"  <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>