[R-sig-hpc] Error installing Rmpi over OpenMPI: Cannot find orted

Alejandro Gonzalez aleco.gt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 19:50:13 CET 2014

Hello Eiji, thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion, but now when I try to run a simple MPI test on the
master node I get the following:
Open RTE was unable to open the hostfile:
    /etc/openmpi/openmpi-default-hostfile
Check to make sure the path and filename are correct.
[laicbio:60394] [[40538,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
base/ras_base_allocate.c at line 248
[laicbio:60394] [[40538,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
base/plm_base_launch_support.c at line 99
[laicbio:60394] [[40538,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file
plm_rsh_module.c at line 1173

So I guess the new OpenMPI doesn't know about torque. How can I let it know
where torque is? I was guessing that the file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/torque.conf
was meant for that, but it's not working.

What is the file /etc/profile.d/torque.sh for?

Should I follow the same steps you mentioned in the slave nodes of the
cluster?

Kind regards.
Alejandro