[R-sig-hpc] Error installing Rmpi over OpenMPI: Cannot find orted

Ei-ji Nakama nakama at ki.rim.or.jp
Fri Nov 7 03:30:30 CET 2014

hello,

openmpi of ubuntu / debian is built with --with-tm.
openmpi module (mca_plm_tm.so)  have a soname(libtorque.so.2) , need
solve the symbol of tm_init, tm_spawn, tm_finalize and tm_poll.
I suggest you do  only build torque and maui.
Add /opt/torque/lib to a new file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/torque.conf and
run ldconfig.
and `apt-get install r-cran-rmpi openmpi-bin'.

I add the following to my cluster for torque,

$ cat torque.profile.sh
# /etc/profile.d/torque.sh
if [ -n "$PBS_ENVIRONMENT" ]; then
    if [ "$PBS_ENVIRONMENT" = "PBS_BATCH" ] ; then
        cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
    fi
fi

When I appointed plm_rsh_agent in the series of openmpi-1.8, I got
segmentation fault.
most recent version (openmpi1.8.4rc) and I'll be much better off.

Best Regards,
--
Eiji NAKAMA <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>
"\u4e2d\u9593\u6804\u6cbb"  <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>