[R-sig-hpc] public place to gather info?

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue May 19 22:59:59 CEST 2009

Is there a public wiki, or something similar, where we could collect
tips on HPC?

We have a wiki for our cluster, and I've started putting stuff I find
(often with help from this list!) out there .  Some of it is specific to
our particular setup (Debian Lenny), but I imagine much of it isn't.
There's one page for OpenMPI (obviously a broader audience than R users)
and another on (parallel) R.

The wiki is only accessible to our local members, which seems a bit
unsociable.

Any alternatives?  There is a bit of a category problem, since the
topics relate to Debian, HPC, R, and MPI.

If I have time, I'll send patches up to the Debian packages, and those
might migrate upstream someday.  The advantage of the wiki is that is
available rapidly, and easier to get many people's knowledge and
corrections.

P.S. My latest discovery is that set.seed is a no-op after you've
initialized rsprng's generator.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 514-8150
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94107-1739                     hm:  (415) 550-1062