[R-gui] new version of Rcmdr

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri May 16 08:53:50 MEST 2003

Dear list members,

I've prepared a new version of the Rcmdr package that I announced to the
list several days ago. From the CHANGES file:

     Version 0.6-0

     o Rather than being hard-wired, menus are now configured in the
menus/Rcmdr-menus.txt file and can be modified or supplemented by the user
(suggested by Frank Harrell).

     o Allow font-size selection via options("Rcmdr.fontsize") for text in
the log window.

     o Set pager to tkpager (suggested by Martin Maechler).

     o Added "Exit" menu items; intercept R Commander window close
(suggested by Martin Maechler).

     o Cleaned up menus and dialog boxes.

     o Added ability to load log files.

     o Reorganized items on File and Data menus (suggested by Martin Maechler).

     o Added point-identification to scatterplots (suggested by Bob Andersen).

The most significant change is the first, since it makes it relatively
simple to customize the menus. The ability to load as well as to save log
files provides a scripting facility.

As before, I'm interested in comments and suggestions. I plan to submit the
package soon to CRAN. You can still find the package, and a version
compiled for Windows, at <http://www.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/Rcmdr/>.

Thanks,
  John
John Fox