[R-gui] problems with rcmdr

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu May 15 13:44:35 MEST 2003

Dear Xavier,

I haven't seen this problem before, and I've installed and run Rcmdr
successfully on Windows XP under R1.7.0. I'm not sure what the origin of
the problem is, but here are some clues:

(1) The .onAttach function for the package loads three packages tlctk, car,
and foreign (in that order). Clearly, you've gotten at least as far as car.

(2) I note that you have an older version of car. The version meant for R
1.7.0 won't give you warnings about masked objects, since these functions
have been incorporated in the base package.

(3) I notice that you didn't capitalize Rcmdr in the library command. I'm
not sure that this matters (under Windows), but it might.

Please let me know if you get any farther with this.

Sorry for the problem,
  John