[R-sig-Geo] Restricting geographical space for SDM analyses in R

Francisco Borges |r@nc|@coomcborge@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 16 12:44:25 CET 2020

I am conducting SDM analysis in R, and would like to restrict my
predictions in the geographical space. I am aware of how to do it by
cropping the world space with latitude and longitude, but my case is a
little bit trickier.

I want to restrict my analysis to only the coastal area (i.e. from ocean
to, let's say a certain distance inland). I have yet to find a solution
online to this question, but I am aware that using a shapefile it could
work.

I have zero knowledge of GIS, unfortunately, as I understand that this
could be one of the solutions.

I appreciate any info or suggestion you can provide me

Best,

*Francisco Borges*

MARE – Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre

Laboratório Marítimo da Guia - Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de
Lisboa

Av. Nossa Senhora do Cabo, 939

2750-374 Cascais, Portugal

Tel: +351 214 869 211